The latest version of 7KAA is now available. This version is long in the making, but perhaps has the most extensive set of improvements yet. The enet based network code supports up to 7 players, and direct connection via UDP, bringing it on par with the legacy DPlay code in 2.13.2. Those with widescreens may appreciate the higher resolution screen stretching that comes with SDL2. Those building from source please note the dependency changes.
Summary of changes in this release
- Switched to using SDL2.
- Gained support for full-screen stretching.
- Gained support for MacOS.
- Switched to using enet, replacing SDL_net.
- Audio code improvements.
- The multiplayer connection code has stablized.
- New game hotkeys.
- Migrate population across extended town networks.
- Added ability to migrate 10 people at a time across between towns.
- Gettext translation support.
- Several bug fixes.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this release.
A new Windows installer is available that is not built with gettext.